Tsysar M., Krivosheya Yu., Shvedov L.
V. Bakul Institute for Superhard Materials Kyiv, Ukraine
THE EFFECT OF CARBON GAS PRESSSURE ON SURFACE TOPOGRAPHY OF GRAPHENE COATING FORMED ON THE SILICON OXIDE
The article investigates the formation of ultrathin multilayer graphene coatings. The aim is to determine the nature of the irregularities hemispherical shape that our research group associated with the pressure of the carbon gas. To solve this problem developed physicomathematical model of the surface topography by the pressure of the carbon gas. The developed method allows to determine the basis of the deformation theory of the maximum size of the hemisphere , depending on the substrate material. The results of studies of the graphene coating by scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) with a semiconducting diamond tip. Analysis of experimental data used fractal analysis horizontal topograms cut. On the surface of graphene islands were found spherical formations diameter from 20 to 32nm. The experimental data were compared with the analytical data obtained on the basis of the developed model. The discrepancy between the experimental data and the model is 3%.
Keywords: graphene coating, stress-strain state, scanning tunnelling microscope, diamond tip.
1. N’Diaye A.T. et al.,Two-dimensional Ir cluster lattice on a graphene Moire on Ir(111). Phys. Rev. Lett. 2006. 97, 21. p.215501 215505.
2. Grüneis A. Vyalikh D.V. Tunable hybridization between electronic states of graphene and a metal surface. Phys. Rev. B 2008. Vol. 77. pp. 193401-193404.
3. Starodubov A.G., Medvetskii M.A. , Shikin A.M., Adamchuk V.K. Intercalation of silver atoms under a graphite monolayer on Ni(111). Physics of the Solid State. 2004. 46, 7. p.1300-1305.
4. C. Berger, X. Wu, P.N. First, E.H. Conrad, X. Li, T. Li, M. Sprinkle, J. Hass, M.L. Sadowski, M. Potemski, G. Martinez. W.A. de Hee, Epitaxial graphene. Sol. State Commun. 2007. 143. p.92.
5. Georgiou T., L. Britnel, P. Blake, R.V. Gorbachev, A. Gholinia, A.K. Geim, C. Casiraghi and K.S. Novoselov1Graphene bubbles with controllable curvature. Appl. Phys. Lett. 2011, 99,9. p.093103-093106.
6. Gurin V.А., Gabelkov S.V., Poltavtsev N.S., Gurin I.V., Phursov S.G. Crystal structure of pyrographite and catalytically deposited carbon . PAST. 2006. No.4. pp.195-199.
7. Ilyasov V., Meshi B., Ryzhkin A., Ershov I., Nikiforov I. and Ilyasov A. Materials for spintronics: magnetic and transport properties of ultrathin (monolayer graphene)/MnO(001) and MnO(001) films. Journal of Modern Physics. 2011. vol. 2, No. 10. pp.1120-1135.
8. Kheifets L.I. Mathematical simulation of intercalated graphite particle expansion under heating. methodological guide. Moscow, MSU by M.V. Lomonosov, 2008. 49p.
9. Timoshenko S.P., S. Woinowsky-Krieger Theory of Plates and Shells. Moscow: Nauka. 1966. 636p.
10. Tsysar M.A. Computer simulation of the formation of three-dimensional image of the pyrolytic graphite surface by scanning tunneling microscopy using a boron-doped diamond tip . Journal of Superhard Materials . 2011. vol.33. p.186-192.