Рудаков К.М., д.т.н., Шукаев С.Н., д.т.н.
НТУУ «Киевский политехнический институт» г. Киев, Украина
Rudakov K., Shukaev S.
National Technical University of Ukraine «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute», Kyiv, Ukraine (
MODELLING OF BOLTED JOINT FROM PCM IN THE PROGRAM FEMAP/NX NASTRAN
Abstract. On the example of double-row double-shear bolted joint was carried out the adjustment of technique for calculation of bolted joints containing elements from a polymeric composite material (PCM). Calculations are as much as possible approximate to a real situation: the 3D-geometrical and finite-element model is used, the problem is considered as thermoelastic and contact, taking into account the loading, change of temperature, clearance/tightness size in the holes, preload, friction in the joint, possible presence of defects while making holes in PCM. PCM was designed as 3D-orthotropic. The new possibilities which have appeared in the new version of program complex FEMAP/NX Nastran are considered. It is shown that bending of bolts under the influence of useful loading causes essential redistribution of stress both in bolts, and in plate made of PCM in a zone of contact with the bolt, with the occurrence of peak values of high level. The conclusion is made that weak nonlinearity allows to make a limited number of calculations and to build interpolated approximations for intermediate situations. Thus it is possible to draw up reference materials needed in various industries, in particular, in aircraft engineering.
Keywords: bolted joints, composite materials, finite-element modeling
1. Lawlor V.P., Stanley W.F., McCarthy M.A.. Characterisation of damage development in single-shear bolted composite joints. Journal of Plastics, Rubber and Composites. The Institute of Materials, London: UK, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 126-133.
2. Serensen S.V., Zajcev G.P. Nesushhaja sposobnost' tonkostennyh konstrukcij iz armirovannyh plastikov s defektami [Bearing ability of thin-walled constructions from reinforced plastics with imperfections] Kyiv: Nauk. dumka, 1982. 296 p.
3. Raschet na prochnost' detalej mashin: Spravochnik [Calculation on durability of details of machines: Reference book] I.A. Birger, B.F. Shorr, G.B. Iosilevich. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1979.702p.
4. Birger I.A., Iosilevich G.B. Rezbovye i flancevye soedinenija [Carving and butt Joints]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1990. 365 p.
5. Prochnost, ustojchivost, kolebanija. Tom 2: Spravochnik [Durability, stability, oscillations. Volume 2: Reference book] Pod obshh. red. I.A. Birgera, Ja.G. Panovko. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1962. 463 p.
6. Timoshenko S., Woinowsky-Krieger S. Theory of Plates and Shells. Second Edition. New York Toronto London: McGRAWHILL BGGK COMPANY, Inc., 1959.
7. Metodologija integrirovannogo proektirovanija i modelirovanija sbornyh samoletnyh konstrukcij [Methodology of the integrated projection and simulation of modular aircraft constructions] A.G. Grebennikov. Kharkov: Nac. ajerokosm. un-t "HAI", 2006. 532 p.
8. Johan Ekh, Joakim Schön, Gunnar Melin. Secondary bending in multi fastener, composite-to-aluminium single shear lap joints. Composites. Part B: Engineering, 2005. 36. pp. 195-208.
9. Mezhslojnye jeffekty v kompozitnyh materialah [Interlaminar effects in composite materials] Pod red. N. Pejgano. Per. s angl. Moscow: Mir, 1993. 346 p.