УДК 621. 7
Kalyuzhny V., Kulikov I., Nikolenko N.
The National Technical University of Ukraine «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute», Kyiv, Ukraine (
DETERMINATION OF THE PARAMETERS OF INTENSIVE WORK- HARDENING OF METAL AROUND HOLES IN ALUMINIUM SHEET METAL STOCK PIECES
Abstract. Object. Intensive strengthening of metal around holes in sheet metal workpieces and profiles.
Purpose. Determination with the help of finite element method of parameters of intensive strengthening of metal around holes in sheet metal workpieces made from aluminum.
Design/methodology/approach. The production method of intensive work-hardening metal around the holes in sheet metal blanks was carried out. The production method consists of subsequent processes such as the forming holes with hub formation on stock piece surfaces by cold extrusion, the punching amount of adjacent blanks and the setting of the hub with forming finite hole dimensions. The analysis of the production method of intensive work-hardening of metal around holes in aluminum sheet metal is carried out with using the finite element method. The forces of deforming, distribution of load per unit surface on the deforming tools, the size of semi-finished and final product dimensions were determined.Given the accumulated strain and stress in processes identified the share of the deforming zone in the stock under deformation, the values of hardening of the metal as compared to baseline
Findings. Power of extrusion of holes with forming of ledges on workpiece’s surface, power of punching of bridge and power of sediment of
ledges during holes forming were determined. Dimensions of deformation zone and value of strengthened metal were determined.
Originality/value. The strengthening of metal distributes in workpiece on diameter, which in 3 time bigger than diameter of hole.
Keywords: sheet blank, intense hardening, squeezing, punching, sediment modeling, the intensity of deformation and stress.
1. Proskurjakov Ju.G. Objomnoe dornovanie otverstij. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1984. 320 p.
2. Rozenberg A.M., Rozenberg O.A. Mehanika plasticheskogo deformirovanija v processah rezanija i deformirujuwego protjagivanija Kyiv: Naukova dumka, 1990. 223 p.
3. Kaljuzhnij O.V., M.I. Bobyr, V.L. Kaljuzhnij. Sposib intensywnogo deformaciynoqo zmicnennja metaliv navkolo otvoriv. in. Patent Ukrainy No 74665 MPK 21D 26.05, zajavka u201112215 vid 18.10.2011, opubl. 25.04.2012, bjul. No 21.2012.
4. Kaljuzhnij V.L., Vihovanec І.V., Nіkolenko M. S. ta іn. Rozrahunkovij analіz resursozberіgajuchoї tehnologії іntensivnogo zmіcnennja metalu navkolo otvorіv u profіljah і listovih zagotovkah. Vіsnik NTU «HPІ» 45’2011, Harkіv. P. 124-131.
5. Kaljuzhnij O.V. . I.P. Kulikov, O.V. Melnik. Vyznachennja zusyllja deformuvannja pry formoutvorenni otvoriv u tovstolystovyh zagotovkah konichnymy puansonamy. Tezy dopovidey XIII Mignarodnoi naukovo-tehnichnoi conferencii «Progresivnaja tehnika i tehnologija», 2012, g. Sevastopol. P. 64-66.