Tarikov G., Belskij A., Komrakov V., Parhomenko V.
The Gomel State Technical University, named by P.O. Sukhoy, Gomel, Belarus (
Abstract. Purpose. A great number of works in the field of contact interaction mechanics including those with account of the wear of contact surfaces, and the desire to take into consideration the factors even at the stage of designing elements of higher kinematic pairs proves the topicality of the problem under consideration. However, solving such problems by means of analytical and numeric methods is connected with the necessity to overcome considerable difficulties, and in some cases it is impossible. That is why other
methods of solving them, and, in particular, with help of electrical simulation are of both scientific and practical interest.
Design/methodology/approach. The paper considers the essence of electrostatic analogy. It presents the way of solving 3D contact problems by means of electrical simulation based on the application of quasi-stationary electric field. It also presents the description of a special electrical simulation device made for solving the problems. The device enables to do experimental research and process obtained results automatically. It is shown that the accuracy of the results obtained in the experiments is enough for engineering applications.
Findings. The paper also presents the problem about point contact of gear teeth with account of wear. It shows the influence of contact surfaces wear on the distribution of contact pressures. It presents contact areas for different points of gearing. The diagrams of contact pressures on their different sections are given.
Originality/value. It is concluded that the solution of wear-contact problems enables to choose the best geometry of contact surfaces of elements of higher kinematic pairs on the designing stage and get a considerable economic effect.
Keywords: Electrostatic field, Quasi-Stationary Electric Field, Electrical Simulation, Electrical Simulation Device, Wear, Gearing
1. Gorjacheva I. G., Dobychin M. N. Kontaktnye zadachi v tribologii (Contact problems in tribology). Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1988, 256 p.
2. Gorjacheva I. G. Mehanika frikcionnogo vzaimodejstvija (Mechanics of frictional interaction). Moscow: Nauka, 2001, 475 p.
3. Borodachev N. M., Tarikov G.P., Komrakov V.V. Reshenie zadachi Gerca s uchetom iznashivanija (Solution of Hertz’ problem with account of wear), Friction and Wear, 2003, V. 24, no 6, pp., 16–24.
4. Tarikov G.P., Borodachev N. M., Komrakov V.V. Sposob opredelenija plowadki kontakta dvuh uprugih tel (Means of determining contact area of two elastic bodies). Patent Republic of Belarus no 16104 A. 30.08.12.
5. Galin L. A. Kontaktnye zadachi teorii uprugosti (Contact problems of elasticity theory). Moscow: GITTL, 1953, 534 p.
6. Parsell Je. Jelektrichestvo i magnetizm (Electricity and magnetism). Moscow: Nauka, 1971, 447 p.
7. Niceckij L. V. Kontaktnye zadachi teorii uprugosti (Contact problems of elasticity theory). Uchenye zapiski Rizhsk. politehnicheskogo instituta (Scientific notes of Riga’s Polytechnic Institute), 1965, V. 12, Publ. 2, pp. 36–40.
8. Fajnburd V.M. Ispol'zovanie jelektrostaticheskoj analogii v reshenii prostranstvennoj kontaktnoj zadachi teorii uprugosti (Use of electrostatic analogy in solving 3D contact problems of elasticity theory). Soprotivlenie materialov i teorija sooruzhenij (Resistance of materials and the structural theory), 1970, Publ. 11: KISI, pp. 41–43.
9. Nejman L. R., Kalantarov P. L. Teoreticheskie osnovy jelektrotehniki (Theoretical grounds of electrical engineering). Part I, 1948, Moscow, Leningrad: ГЭИ. 355 p.
10. Tamm I. E. Osnovy teorii jelektrichestva (Fundamentals of electricity theory). Moscow: Nauka, 1976, 616 p.
11. Vlasov V.A. Makroskopicheskaja jelektrodinamika (Macroscopic electrodynamics). Moscow: Gostehteorizdat, 1955, 270 p.
12. Dzhonson K. Mehanika kontaktnogo vzaimodejstvija (Mechanics of contact interaction). Moscow: Mir, 1989, 509 p.
13. Borodachev N. M., Tarikov G.P. Ustrojstvo dlja reshenija prostranstvennyh kontaktnyh zadach (Device for solving 3D contact
problems). Patent USSR no 1791829 A. 01.10.1992.
14. Tarikov G.P., Komrakov V.V., Akulov N.V., Barabancev V.A. Jelektromodelirujuwee ustrojstvo dlja reshenija prostranstvennyh kontaktnyh zadach (Electrical simulation device for solving 3D contact problems). Patent Republic of Belarus no 3295 A. 28.02.07.
15. Tarikov G.P., Komrakov V.V., Stankevich P.F. Jelektromodelirujuwee ustrojstvo dlja reshenija prostranstvennyh kontaktnyh zadach (Electrical simulation device for solving 3D contact problems). Patent Republic of Belarus no. 7456, A. 30.08.11.
16. Tarikov G.P., Komrakov V.V., Parhomenko V.N., Akulova E.M. Jelektromodelirujuwee ustrojstvo dlja reshenija prostranstvennyh kontaktnyh zadach (Electrical simulation device for solving 3D contact problems). Patent Republic of Belarus no 8399 A. 25.05.12.