Zaloga V., Nagornyj V.
«Sumy State University», Sumy, Ukraine
The subject of this study is the cutting tool.
The aim is to develop a method to determine the actual resistance of the tool.
The research results, are presented in this paper, were carried out computational-experimental method, and showed, that tool wear, leading to its failure, occurs over time in accordance with the well-known Lorenz curve. This curve has three characteristic regions, describing the burnishing tool, its normal operation and catastrophic deterioration or destruction.
As a result of this work, was obtained by an analytical dependence, graph which describes all three periods of operation of the instrument. The desired tool life is in this relationship as one of its parameters.
The proposed method for estimating the tool life can be used in lathes with numerical control.
Conclusion. An efficient method for estimating the tool life, allowing for indirect features - the level of sound, that is generated by the cutting process, to predict the time of replacement of the cutting tool.
Keywords: Resistance, tools, sound, wear, damage
1. Zaloga V.O., Ju.M. Vnukov Znoshuvannja і stіjkіst' rіzal'nih lezovih іnstrumentіv: navchal'nij posіbnik [Wear resistance and cutting blade tools] Sumi: Sums'kij derzhavnij unіversitet, 2010, 243 p.
2. Surkova A.I., Burtovoj V.M. Improving the efficiency of processing on CNC machines through the use of automated control systems. Progressivnye tehnologii v mashinostroenii: tematicheskij sbornik nauchnyh trudov, 2006. pp. 39 - 42.
3. Kozochkin M.P. Vibroakusticheskaja diagnostika tehnologicheskih processov [Vibroacoustic diagnostics of technological processes] Moscow: IKF «Katalog», 2005, 196 p.
4. Lorenc V. F. Iznos detalej sel'skohozjajstvennyh mashin [Wear of agricultural machines] Moscow: Mashgiz, 1948, 98 p.
5. Sundaram S., P. Senthilkumar P., A. Kumaravel A., Manoharan N. Study of flank wear in single point cutting tool using acoustic emission sensor techniques. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences Vol. 3, No. 4, August 2008, pp. 32- 36.
6. Zaloga V.A. Zinchenko R.N. Investigation of the possibility of applying the method for diagnosis of acoustic emission in finish turning of titanium alloy. Vesnik CumDU. Serija Tehnichni nauki, 2008, No. 4, pp. 118 - 125.
7. K.A. Djadjura, Nagornyj V.V. Predicting performance of cutting tools based on an assessment of the surface layerstress of the material. Mashinobuduvannja ta transport: zb. nauk. pr. - Sevastopol', No. 4, 2010, pp. 66 - 71.