Kryvoruchko1 D, Storchak2 M.
1-Sumy State University, Sumy,Ukraine(
2- Institute for Machine Tool of University Stuttgart, Germany(
TEMPERATURE FIELD OF OUTER CHIP SURFACE
Abstract. In recent years, machining simulation techniques have received considerable development. To ensure the practical use of the numerical models, they have to be experimentally approved and "calibrated" on the various indicators. The article analyzed the possibility of a "calibration" on the temperature of a chip outer surface. By comparing the experimental data on the temperature of the chip outer surface with the results of analytical modeling it was shown that the temperature field of the chip outer surface formed mainly by the heat generated during plastic deformation in the zones of primary and secondary deformation. Experimental investigations carry out at the special test bed for the orthogonal cutting. The stand of the test bed is made from massive polymer concrete slabs und carries the tool holder, which is mounted in gantry design. The measuring of the chip outer surface temperature is obtained with a high-speed pyrometer. This pyrometer ensures the measurement of chip outer surface temperature by for this material determinate cutting speed range. The measurement of cutting forces and cutting temperature realize with the hardware of National Instruments company and software of LABVIEW. The recording and processing of the signals with hardware is based on a multi-functional measuring board, which is integrated in the measuring computer.
Keywords: temperature, heat, chips, model, pyrometer
1. Reznikov A. N., Reznikov L. A. Teplovye processy v tehnologicheskih sistemah. Moscow.: Mashinostroenie, 1990, 288 p.
2. Sutter G., Faure L., Molinari A. и др. An experimental technique for the measurement of temperature fields for the orthogonal cutting in high speed machining. Int. J. of Machine tools Manufacture. 2003. Vol. 43, p. 671 – 678
3. Krivoruchko D. V., Zaloga V. A., Mazur N. P. Analiz sovremennyh metodov chislennogo modelirovanija teplovyh javlenij pri rezanii
materialov//Suchasnі tehnologії u mashinobuduvannі: zbіrnik naukovih prac. H.: NTU «HPI», 2007, T.3, p.158 – 167
4. Osnovi teorії rіzannja materіalіv: pіdruchnik, N.P. Mazur i dr. Lvіv: Novij svіt, 2010, 422 p.
5. Reznikov A. N. Teplofizika processov mehanicheskoj obrabotki, Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1981, 279p.
6. Oxley P. L. Mechanics of machining: An analytical approach to assessing machinability.: Ellis Harwood Limited, 1989, 242 p.
7. Krivoruchko D. V. Naukovі osnovi modeljuvannja procesіv rіzannja z vikoristannjam chislovih metodіv: Avtoref. diss. dokt. tehn. nauk: 05.03.01/SumGU. Harkіv, 2010, 40 p.
8. Bobrov B. F. Osnovy teorii rezanija metallov. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1975, 344 p.
9. Heisel U., Storchak M. Simulation Tool for Modeling of Interaction Process by Orthogonal Cutting. Резание и инструмент, 2007, Т. 43, p. 335 – 341.
10. Storchak M. G. Kompleks programm dlja jeksperimental'nyh issledovanij processov obrabotki. Suchasnі procesi mehanіchnoї obrobki іnstrumentami z NTM ta jakіst poverhnі detalej mashin. Kyiv: ІNM іm. V. M. Bakulja NAN Ukraїni, 2006, p. 225 - 231.