УДК 621.9.06. – 233.1
Danylchenko Yu., Petryshyn A.
The National Technical University of Ukraine «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute», Kyiv, Ukraine (
DYNAMICAL ANALYSIS OF THE MECHANICAL VIBRATION SYSTEM «SPINDLE UNIT» OF MACHINE-TOOL
Abstract. Purpose. The research of complex influence of design, kitting, mounting and maintenance conditions of spindle units on natural frequencies array formation. Design/Methodology/approach. Spindle unit is considered as mechanical vibration system, which consist of subsystems: tool(tool holder), spindle and spindle quill that is elastically mounted on machine tool bed. Constraints of the system are: tool holder – spindle joint for first and second subsystems and support bearings for second and third subsystems. Method of dynamical compliances is used in order to work out balance equations in points of subsystems disconnection. Dynamical compliances are determined by using method of initial parameters in matrix form (method of transfer matrices). Four cases of system kitting are considered: spindle on supports; spindle on supports with connected tool holder; quill on supports with connected spindle; spindle unit (whole kitting).
Findings. Natural frequencies of “spindle unit” system for four types of kitting, taking into account varying of the stiffness of bearings of the spindle supports and quill supports, are calculated.
Originality/value. Results of analysis indicates about concrete regularity of natural frequencies array forming of the “spindle unit” system, that associated with spindle unit kitting. Design, mounting and maintenance conditions of spindle units defines nature of change of this natural frequencies.
Keywords: spindle unit, mechanical vibration system, dynamic characteristic.
1. Proektirovanie metallorezhuwih stankov i stanochnyh sistem: Spravochnik-uchebnik. [Design of machine tools and machine tool systems. Guide book.] V 3-h t. T.2. Ch.1. Pod obw. red. A.S.Pronikova. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1995, 371 p.
2. Push A.V. Shpindelnye uzly: Kachestvo i nadezhnost. [Spindle units. Quality and reliability.] Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1992, 288 p.
3. Homjakov V.S. Modelirovanie i raschet dinamicheskih harakteristik shpindel'nyh uzlov. [Bulletin of the UGATU]. Ufa: UGATU, 2009, Volune 12, № 2(31), pp. 69–75.
4. Sinan Badrawy. "Dynamic Modeling and Analysis of Motorized Milling Spindles for Optimizing the Spindle Cutting Performance." Web. <http://www.nanotechsys.com/images/PDFs/DynamicModelingandAnalysis.PDF>.
5. Danylchenko Ju.M. Uzagalnena pruzhno-deformacіjna model shpyndelnogo vuzla [Research note. Interuniversity collection (in the direction “Engineering mechanics”)]. Kyiv, 2002, Issue 11, pp. 126-131.
6. Danylchenko Ju.M. Rozrahunok form vymushenyh kolyvan systemy “shpyndel'nyj vuzol” Research note. Interuniversity collection (in the direction “Engineering mechanics”)]. Luck, 2004, Issue15, pp. 57-64.
7. Biderman V.L. Prikladnaja teorija mehanicheskih kolebanij: Ucheb. posobie dlja vtuzov. [Applied theory of mechanical vibrations: a manual for technical colleges]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1972, 416 p.
8. Ivovich V.A. Perehodnye matricy v dinamike uprugih sistem: Spravochnik. [Transfer matrices in dynamics of elastic systems: Handbook]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1981, 183 p.
9. Danylchenko Ju.M. Ocіnka dynamіchnoї jakostі shvydkohіdnyh shpyndel'nyh vuzlіv na oporah kochennja. [Danylchenko Ju., Petrov S., Pіrkl D. Estimation of dynamical quality of high-speed spindle units on rolling bearings]. Mashynoznavstvo, 2007, no. 8, pp. 36-41.
10. Danylchenko Ju.M. Zhorstkіst pіdshypnykіv opor kochennja vysokotochnyh shvydkohіdnyh shpyndelnyh vuzlіv. [Danylchenko Ju.M., Petrov S.V. Stiffness of the support rolling bearings of high-speed spindle units]. Vіsnyk Ternopіlskogo derzhavnogo tehnіchnogo unіversytetu. Ternopil, 2000, Volume 5, Ch.4. pp. 25-34.